Soccer has become a popular and exciting sport for many Long Island families and plays an important role to many young athletes. Our local schools, both public and parochial, are proud of their outstanding teams and championship victories. Many of our athletes acquired their love of the game and developed their skills as Rockville Centre Soccer Club players.
When a player accepts a position on a Rockville Centre Soccer Club Travel Team, in addition to a wonderful experience and opportunity for the athlete, it is a commitment with responsibility.
The commitment includes attending all practices, games and tournaments as scheduled by the coach. Weekly league play will take place on Saturdays or Sundays during both fall and spring seasons for approximately nine weeks per season. In addition, teams may participate in State and Waldbaum’s Cups, which are generally scheduled on the weekend day opposite of league play.
Players will attend practice twice each week, with an additional practice for goalkeeper training. Pre-season practices, winter practice, league and/or tournament participation, as well as indoor training will be at the discretion of the coach.
Tournaments typically include a pre-season tournament, Covanta, played the last weekend in August, Columbus weekend and/or Memorial weekend tournaments. Tournaments can be 2 to 3 successive days, and may require travel to a nearby state.
The coach of the "A" Teams may opt to add practices and tournaments at his/her discretion.
Each player is expected to work enthusiastically, in cooperation with his/her coach, to achieve his/her personal best, and most importantly, to work cohesively with his/her teammates. Field positions are at the discretion of the coach, including goalkeeping.
Our coaches have pledged their dedication to their teams and we require a reciprocal commitment from each player and his/her parents. Please read the following Code of Ethics, which describes the expectations the Rockville Centre Soccer Club has of your child.
PLAYER CODE OF ETHICS
• I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at every game and practice and encourage good sportsmanship from my fellow participants.
• I will attend every practice and game. I will notify the coach in a timely manner if for some reason I am unable to attend. I understand that my playing time is directly related to my attendance, cooperation and effort at practice.
• I will work enthusiastically and in cooperation with my coach and teammates to achieve my personal best, and most importantly, to work cohesively with my teammates to achieve our common goal.
• I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
• I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect, regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities. I expect to be treated accordingly.
PARENT’S CODE OF ETHICS
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game and practice.
• I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
• I understand the need for the commitment to the team and will fulfill that promise.
• I understand that my child’s playing time in games and tournaments will be influenced by his/her attendance at practices.
• The coach will be notified in a timely manner if my child is unable to attend a practice or game.
If you feel you can fulfill the above Code of Ethics, welcome to the Rockville Centre Soccer Club Travel Program.